La Bodega Project
Ventana Gold Corp.
Download Project Sheet
Ventana Gold Corp.’s flagship La Bodega project area covers 880 hectares in the historic California-Vetas gold mining district of northeastern Colombia. The project area comprises the La Bodega, Coloro, El Cuatro and La Baja mineral rights tenements that are 100% owned by Ventana Gold Corp. In March 2011, AUX Canada Acquisition Inc. acquired Ventana Gold Corp. for $1.5B.
JDS Energy & Mining Inc. was retained by Ventana in August 2010 to reactivate mine operations in accordance with the current exploitation permit. JDS’ scope of work included the construction of a 20 tpd pilot plant, followed by an 200 tpd pilot plant.
With the existing La Bodega and La Baja Process Plants operations currently suspended, JDS scope of work included:
- Convert an agreed strategy into concrete work plans for implementation on site
- Design, procure, assemble, ship and install required equipment
- Partner with Ventana Human Resource and CVS Exploration to field labour force requirements
- Establish and implement Health, Safety and Environment standards to satisfy both Colombia regulations and industry best practices
- Manage site modifications, construction and plant commissioning
- Analyze underground mapped workings and current drill and mapping data
- Procurement of an underground mining fleet
- Manage underground mine reactivation and operation