Magnetite Recovery Project
Craigmont Industries Ltd.
Download Project Sheet
Craigmont Industries Ltd. (CIL) is sourcing the magnetite from the tailings stream of the Mount Polley Copper Mine in south-central British Columbia. CIL has entered into an agreement with Mount Polley Mining Corp. for 20 year rights to the magnetite resource which will be processed on site through a dedicated magnetite processing plant designed and built by JDS. The magnetite will be sold to coal producers for dense media separation.
JDS was retained by CIL in early 2012 to design, build and operate a dedicated magnetite processing plant to meet the media-grade magnetite needs of the Western Canadian Coal producers. Project scope included full detail engineering, procurement, and project and construction management, including:
- Plant throughput 2,400 mtpd
- Metallurgical testwork, process flow sheets and preliminary site layout.
- Management of detailed engineering
- Purchasing, receiving and expediting of all major and minor equipment/piping materials (used ball mill)
- Construction/commissioning management
- Design and implementation of process plant; health, safety & environment (HSE) program, emergency response and filed level risk assessment
- Daily process plant operation.
Project completed on budget and on schedule with no harm to people, property or environment.